Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2020

"Backlash" appearing in Deutschlandfunk Kultur's "Lakonisch, Elegant" and Bookpresentation at Schikaneder tomorrow


The first two public appearances of my new book "Backlash - Essays zur Resilienz der Moderne" will happen tomorrow!

AUTOreferentiality via rbb
1)* at about 17h you will be able to listen to (and afterwards download) a conversation I had for Deutschlandfunk Kultur's "Lakonisch, Elegant" with Christine Watty and Johannes Nichelmann via Zoom in a drive-in cinema in the vast parking lots of Berlin's still unused mega-airport's BBI - what a more appropriate scenery could you think of? I will talk about what I call the "Autoregime" in my book, the problems of cars from subjective to economic and ecological levels and how they feed into the current socio-cultural Backlash.

*because of the recent importance of the Black Lives Matter Protest, the airing of the podcast has been postponed to Thursday next week...


2) starting at 20h15 (postponed from 19:30 because of the Black Lives Matter protests happening at 17h) I will present my book at Vienna's Schikaneder (Margaretenstraße 22-24, 1040 Wien). I will talk about the book, read a couple of passages and will - as a bonus - try to apply the ideas of the book on the current dangers of an even more severe Backlash in the aftermath of the Corona-crisis.

I am looking forward to good conversations and discussions tomorrow!

http://textem.de/joerg-backlash.html




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen